Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Delightful Saturday in Amsterdam

Yesterday was definitely one of the days which makes me realise how LUCKY I am to be living in the wonderful city of Amsterdam! Truly, I haven't been enjoying Amsterdam that much in 2013. Just got back from Indonesia mid-January then off to London the weekend after, yesterday was truly my first ENJOYABLE saturday in Amsterdam. 

First of all... who can deny the Beauty of the canals especially when snow started to fall.. 

To start my out and about in the city... I went to my usual coffee spot De Koffie Salon whilst waiting for my hubby to finish up his meeting.
Spotted on me yesterday: 
Stepping out from De Koffie Salon, I cannot not stop by and check it out! It's my latest addiction and new eye candy.. MARCbyMARCJACOBS store at Utrechtsestraat.
Afterwards, we went to pick my parents in law who were in town yesterday to have a romantic weekend! I find it so sweet.. :) they are staying in The Floating Hotel. To make it better, I brought them to De Bakkerswinkel, my fave luncheon in Amsterdam.
I had a Quiche Lorraine and ofcourse, we had to order the amazing Scones! Yummm happy belly..... I definitely recommend De Bakkerswinkel if you stop by in Amsterdam and don't mind to wait a bit (unless you make reservation in advance) to do a high tea or just sit for a super nice lunch.

Missing out the 'alcohol', we all went straight to Wynand Fockink. Open in 1679, Wynand Fockink is one of the oldest liqueur tasting place in Holland. Never mind the busy tourists waiting in front of the bar not knowing what to order and not moving from their spot :), if you know what you want.. just walk straight and make your way through! It's one of the places you have to go for a liqueur try out in Amsterdam.
Being the good wife and a shopping advisor, I wouldn't miss the chance to go for a quick shop with my hubby who needed a new pair of pants badly. We went to Carhartt and he found such a good bargain!   He got himself a nice burgundy pants for only 44.50 euros.. 
To end our beautiful evening, we had a lovely dinner at Loetje. Though we had to wait for almost 40 minutes for a table (you can never reserve if it's under 6 people). It's SOOOO worthed! How can you not love the look of the steak :).
In overall, one successful weekend! And to end the amazing day.. we walked through Amstel at night. How can you not fall in love head over heels to Amsterdam.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment