Sunday, April 1, 2012

My New Found Love


We Are Augustines




I've been a sucker of indie's bands for so long. And this is one the best one I've heard for a while. Based in Brooklyn New York, Billy McCarthy, Eric Sanderson started the band after the break up of their former band Pela and prior to the release of We Are Augustines first album (Rise Ye Sunken Ships), Rob Allen was announced to join the band.

The first album of We Are Augustines has been received widely positive amongst music critics. For me personally, the song 'Book of James' is one of the most emotional songs I've heard over the last couple of years. The song was written by McCarthy as an expression of his brother's James' drug addiction and ultimately suicide. Listen carefully to the lyrics and how Billy sings it.. one word: AMAZING


If you're down for it.. check their tour date! and the best part for me.. 2012 - We Are Augustines Europe Tour and Amsterdam is in their list.

No comments:

Post a Comment